The Golden State
California is founded in the Pacific Region, with over 39.5 million people. Also known as the Golden State, it houses a lot of employment opportunities, attractive neighborhoods, and functions that make moving to California a fantastic idea. Although the cost of living in California is high compared to other States in the US, California is layered with lots of love, ethnicity, lifestyle, and culture. It is also the headquarters for technology, engineering, entertainment industry, and other functions.
Nursing Opportunities in California
Salinas Valley, CAMonterey County is located on the Central Coast of California and is home to the spectacular Big Sur coastline and the rich, fertile Salinas Valley. Known for its comfortable Mediterranean climate, weather conditions are dry, clear, and mild during the summer. Winters are cool and damp, with the coldest temperatures logged between December and February. Just two hours from San Francisco and within driving distance of Lake Tahoe and Los Angeles. Just down the road are the vineyards of Napa and Sonoma and Monterey County has also established itself as one of the world’s premier wine-producing regions. There are 17 golf courses here, which is why the area is a world-class destination. With 10 colleges and universities within a 40-mile radius, it is the center of higher education. In addition, there is an endless variety of recreational and cultural activities, including the National Steinbeck Center located in the heart of charming Old Town Salinas and the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium on the water in Monterey. Salinas Valley Memorial is a 263-bed acute care hospital. Nursing excellence is a significant pillar within SVMHS, and the principles and designations like Magnet Designation, Professional Practice Model, and Shared Governance all contribute to nursing success.
Who is this for?
- RNs -Must be U.S., U.S. Perm Resident or Canadian Citizen.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in ED, ICU, Telemetry, L&D, OR (other experience/specialties may be considered).
- Currently working at the bedside in a hospital setting.
- Available to relocate within 2 months of offer.
- Dedicated NurseMatch specialist to support you with licensing and housing.
- Direct access to hiring managers, you are guaranteed a personal interview.
- Attractive Sign-on bonus. – Within the first two (2) pay periods of employment, a Fifteen Thousand Dollar ($15,000.00) relocation bonus. – After nine (9) months of employment, a Ten Thousand Dollar ($10,000.00) retention bonus. – After eighteen (18) months of employment, an additional Ten Thousand Dollar ($10,000.00) retention bonus.
- Benefits begin first of the month.
- Tuition reimbursement, up $10,000 during the course of employment.
No longer interested in California? View our other nursing opportunities here.