TRY BEFORE YOU DECIDE! Temp to Perm Program
This program allows you to 'try before you decide" your employment with Hendrick Health! If an offer is presented to you after the virtual interview, you will work for 13 weeks full-time. During these 13 weeks, you get a chance to evaluate the organization and get familiar with living in the community. We hope that you will decide to make Abilene, Texas your home, but for some reason, if you are not satisfied after your 13 weeks, you can choose to end your term and return home. We're looking for Registered Nurses Who Specialize In Med Surg, Telemetry, Step Down, ER, OR/CVOR, ICU/ CVICU, PACU, L&D, Mother-Baby, NICU, Cath Lab, & Inpatient.
Who is this for?
- RNs -Must be U.S., U.S. Perm Resident or Canadian Citizen
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Med Surg, Telemetry, Step Down, ER, OR/CVOR, ICU/ CVICU, PACU, L&D, Mother Baby, NICU, Cath Lab, Inpatient Rehab.
- Currently working at the bedside in a hospital setting
- Willing to relocate within 2 months of assignment offer.
What to expect?
- Roundtrip Airfare & provided by NurseMatch
- $2,000 a month for lodging for your 13-week assignment.
- Dedicated NurseMatch specialist to support you during your assignment.
- Direct access to hiring managers, you are guaranteed a personal interview.
- Live in the community and learn more about the area to see if Abilene is for you!
If you decide to stay…
- 10 Days off to return home and facilitate relocation.
- Possible Green card sponsorship for Canadian RNs after successful temporary employment.
- $5,000 Relocation Assistance
- $5,000 Sign-on bonus at end of a 13-week assignment.
- $4,000 Sign on after 2-year employment.
- Student Loan Repayment
- Benefits begin first of the month following 2 months. Your temp assignment time counts towards your benefits start date.
Thank you for your interest in Hendrick Health System in Abilene, Texas.
Abilene is the commercial, retail, medical and transportation hub of a 19-county area known as “The Big Country”. It lies on low, rolling plains 153 miles (246 km) west of Fort Worth. This west Texas city is not a big metropolitan area, but as they say “we’re big on what matters – history, spirit, culture, innovation, and adventure.” Abilene is a city with a friendly small-town feel, a great cost of living, minimal traffic, a four-season climate, and some of the prettiest sunsets you’ve ever seen! We would love for you to come to Abilene and meet the team at Hendrick Health System!
POPULATION: Approximately 123,000
COST OF LIVING: 15% below the national average and NO personal income tax. Your dollar goes a LONG way here!
WEATHER: The summer months from May to September are warm with an average daily high temperature of 88°F (31°C). The winter months from November to February are mild with temperatures ranging between 35-57°F (1-13° C). Abilene only averages 3 inches of snow per year!
DRIVING DISTANCE TO MAJOR CITIES:
FORT WORTH: 153 miles (246 km)
DALLAS: 173 miles (278 km)
AUSTIN: 190 miles (305 km)
SAN ANTONIO: 221 miles (355 km)
How do I apply?
Simply click the APPLY NOW button below to complete a quick application. If your application and resume meet our minimum requirements, we will contact you to schedule a phone interview. After your interview, you will be notified within 1-3 business days if you have been selected to interview with the hospital.
MESSAGE FROM THE FOUNDERS
Lisha Crytzer &
"It is our privilege to introduce this great hospital to nurses from across Canada and the U.S. Hendrick Medical Center has achieved the Pathway to Excellence designation for the fourth time from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association (ANA). The Pathway to Excellence designation recognizes the essential elements of an ideal nursing practice environment where nurses can flourish. The designation confirms the professional satisfaction of nurses at Hendrick Medical Center and identifies it as one of the best places to work. Hendrick Health System is a non-profit hospital Thank you for your interest in this unique opportunity. "